As teams take a one day break from 50-over JLT tournament played in Australia, we take a look which team has best chance to win this year’s 50-over tournament.
Australia’s 50-over Inter-state tournament has a new sponsor- Jardine Lloyd Thompson. So far the JLT One day Cup has been the most batting friendly tournament ever played in Australia.
As 23-game tournament is coming to an end we look at team’s performance after 17 games.
It seems batting has been the key to success in this year’s JLT tournament as it dominated every game of this tournament.
Key points of the tournament at end of 17 games
- 1st batting success is – 70.59 %
- 1st batting – no team has lost after scoring > 300 runs – Ratio is 9/17 (9 times teams scored > 300 runs).
- WA is at top of the table without any loss and are firm favourites to win.
- NSW are the only team that has improved its bowling performance. They will pose a challenge and possible threat to Warriors.
- It is surprising to know that Tasmania(out of 7 teams) are the only team to be all out (10 wkts)while batting first – They were dismissed for 207 v /s WA – so far the lowest first inning score of the tournament. Even the in-experienced CA XI batted better than Tigers!.
- Every team had at least one centurion, with SA and NSW scoring the maximum(4).
- In 4 games WA are yet to concede > 300 plus score – in 3 games they got all 10 wickets.
- 35.29% of the matches(6/17) were won with margin of 50 plus runs(including reduced games)
- 29.41% of the matches (5/17) got over with 10 plus overs remaining (including reduced games)
Below are batting and bowling stats table.