This year One day cricket has been one-sided with game favoring the bat.
As Bangladesh take on host South Africa in 3- match series, the 24th series this year, there are hardly any close result in 95 games played. Only 12.93% went down to wire, viz close finish.
In the first ODI in ongoing series between South Africa v/s Bangladesh. Host South Africa are asked to chase score of 279. This happens to be their 4th game this year where their target is >270 runs. They lost all three!.
- less than 10 runs – 6 matches (6.31%)
- Less than 3 wickets – 5 matches (5.26%)
- Last over finish (less than over left in the match) – 5 matches (5.26%)
South Africa were involved in 3 close games(played 16 games)
- winning one game with a ball to spare(target 211)
- and losing 2 games with < 10 runs margin (target > 270)
- So far Bangladesh were not involved in any close game this year.
Here is a link to Margin of wins