It was a surprise to see Australia unable to defend 300 plus score. By far they are the only team
- to have the highest percentage(87.35 ) of success defending >300 score in history of One day cricket.
- and also highest percentage(45.52) of success defending < 250 score in history of One day cricket.
Post WC2015 this is the 4th time(10 wins) they lost a game setting target > 300 runs. All those loses were not difficult for their opponent to chase, as they won those games with at least 3 wickets to spare!.
Here is the list of target > 300 scores which Australia failed to defend
- Chasing 304 at MCG (2018)England scored -308/5 in 48.5 overs
- Chasing 372 at Durban(2016) South Africa scored 372/6 in 49.2
- Chasing 330 at SCG (2016) India scored 331 -4 in 49.4 overs
- Chasing 300 at Leeds (Sept 2015) England scored 304-7 in 48.2 overs
Here is stats analysis between Australia and England since 2017 –