In this post we look at opening partnerships and the best pair!.
We first start with best opening pair in recent times.
Opening pair is measured for their Run rate and stability to bat deep into the innings. In today’s age of T20 cricket boundary hitting has become the norm, however to post big totals one requires regular big overs, ie> 10 R/o. Hence we look at few indicators that measure big overs.
- 10 RPO : – An over that has 10 or more runs
- C 10 : – Consecutive overs of 10+ RPO
- 6+ : >6 rpo
- C 6 : consecutive overs of 6+RPO
Along with this I have added two new indices
- % of overs that features all type of boundaries.
- 10 RPO w/ 1 x 4 : There are times when 10 runs were scored in an over with only one boundary!. The percentile is less for opening stand, but overall it is about 8.40% of total overs for Australia.
Here is all time data of year-wise performance
Below is same as above with interactive gfx display. Here one scroll horizontal year-wise bar to analyse three indices.
The most successful have been David Warner-Shane Watson, David Warner-Aaron Finch